Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Merge Mania 9/19 Carrboro


what a great show last night -- Lambchop w/ Tosca String Quartet brough the house down with songs from Damaged as well as old favorites (Nashville Parent, Old Gold Shoe) and a REALLY old rarity from How I Quit Smoking (We Never Argue), just sounding beautiful and heavy. MWard tore it up as usual, powered by two awesome drummers these days. we started the night off kinda early (8:15, early for rock shows i guess) but the crowd was already half in by then, and quite quiet to boot...we had special guests galore -- Carrie Shull on oboe for two songs, Tony Crow on piano, and Matt and Jim joined in for a full-band last song...good times:

Noisy Night
Center of the World
Getting Saved
Drill Me
You Blanks
Black Buttons
San Andreas
I Wanna Know Girls

rode overnight on the bus, didn't get much sleep but we're here in nashville and found coffee immediately, then walked to see the Parthenon, which i'd seen before but never been on the inside, pretty great.
Lambchop photo by Enid Pressley!

2 Comments:

Blogger hermance said...

Wow! The Lambchop pic is great. That sounds like an amazing bill.

I don't know if you're taking requests this tour, but I'd love to hear "Baby" or "Spying on the Spies" on Saturday here in Austin. They're both meaningful songs for me and my husband. Regardless, I'm very excited for this show, though I'm sure it will make me miss Chapel Hill even more.
~elizabeth

3:08 PM  
Blogger allenk said...

Awe man! I was right there! I should've been a rebel and taken out my camera. Oh well.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home