Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween


haven't seen it in awhile but at the time (i probably didn't actually see it for the first time until it had been out a couple years since in '78 i was only 11) John Carpenter's Halloween ruled the season; we'd rent it and watch it over and over...two high school favorites -- PJ Soles and Jamie Lee Curtis -- together in a movie that really scared the crap outta me at least the first three times i watched it...i mean i'd get scared before anything even happens. my love affair with each lasted through Stripes and Trading Places, respectively. PJ Soles is even better as Riff Randall in Rock N Roll High School of course, another movie i watched a bajillion times. There's an interview with her at Toxic Shock.TV where she's asked who her biggest influence as an actor is and she replies "I think all actors...". Awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

I watched this last night with the commentary track (featuring John Carpenter, Debra Hill and Jamie Lee Curtis) on. No, it's not the same as watching the movie, but I've seen it so many times.

To cap off the night I watched three 'Treehouse of Terror's. Good times.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Visiting Prof said...

I spent my Halloween watching _Oldboy_, a different kind of scary. I started falling asleep (not because of the film but because I was wicked tired), so tonight I will finish, but I can say this so far: it's one of the craziest things I've ever seen. The actor who plays the lead is wonderfully unsettling, and the image of his tormented face will stick in your brain long after you've turned off the tv. I'd recommend it highly.

Also, my favorite Simpson's Treehouse of Horror moment: when Principle Skinner, who is turning the kids into food, gives them the homework to "Eat a stick of butter." Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home