Friday, December 04, 2009

Mata ne! Superchunk Heads East


Superchunk heads to Japan on Monday for a tour of that fine island nation -- Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya -- our first since 2001, an adventure covered a bit in our Quest for Sleep movie...
Looking forward to the shows, the people, the food...

Meanwhile End-of-Year and End-of-Decade lists abound...i'm not quite there yet but here's a list of some of my favorite Japanese artists...will definitely be rocking some Aki Tsuyuko on the plane trip over there...this list is off the top of my head so i'm sure i'm forgetting some things i love:

Boredoms (plus related such as UFO or Die, OOIOO)
Tujiko Noriko
Aki Tsuyuko
Nobukazu Takemura
Boris
Ghost
Cornelius
Yoshitomo Nara
Yayoi Kusama
On Kawara
Hayao Miyazaki
Taiyo Kimura
Kazuo Ishiguro

also list-related, this person has kindly included Bright Ideas in the top 100 albums of the last decade! nice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyndra and Jon said...

Too cool that Bright Ideas made that persons list.

Have fun in Japan wish I could go, I guess my dreams of Superchunks plane having a lay over in Seattle is not coming true :)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Justin Steiner said...

I don't know if I'll get around to making a decade list but I think Bright Ideas is a great record and "I Wanna Know Girls" is one of my favorite songs.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with Justin. Congrats on that and have fun in Japan!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home