Monday, March 01, 2010

Silver Stinks

not really! think about the disaster that was Torino...but still, second place could well feel like last when you're so close to first only to come up short. when the USA sent the it to OT yesterday with 25 secs left in the game, you had to think they might actually beat Canada twice in a week. that is, until you saw what 4-on-4 hockey vs Canada actually looked like, which is to say it looked like Ryan Miller was the target in target practice. too much talent and speed on the Canadian team, and it finally took its toll but not before the US pushed them to their limit (and you know that once Canada took a 2-0 lead they were thinking it might be easy...). great toughness shown by the USA team in the comeback, Ryan Miller deservedly MVP and congrats to Canada who collectively frankly couldn't have handled another loss to the US so soon after the last one!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was a heck of a game...I think we would've committed collective suicide if we lost AGAIN...especially after being up by two.

I can only imagine how good the US team will be 4 years from now when they're a bit older and more experienced.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Johnada said...

I think Canada deserved it, though I was certainly pulling for the U.S. They played the more complete game (barely). As a Blackhawks fan, I'm looking forward to Toews vs. Kane for years to come. Both were huge yesterday.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Agreed, Johnada. It was brother vs. brother - EPIC!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Mac said...

Eric Staal on the 4 'Canes that came home with medals..."we all came home with medal, i'm just glad mine's gold!"

11:59 AM  
Blogger kb24seven said...

I know I'm a few days late to this party, but...

I couldn't agree more. The US hockey team did this country proud with their skill, effort and class. And I love the decision to go younger for these games. SO glad I didn't have to watch guys like (but not limited to) Modano or Tkchuck limp around the ice. Again. Yeah, silver does stink...but...in this case it comes with some much needed experience, energy moving forward and respect.

I'm originally from Detroit. Yes, a Wings fan, so I dug seeing all those guys in different sweaters going for it. I'm also a mondo superchunk fan...saw you guys kill it at magic bag a long while back. Now I am rolling with Portastatic. Always great stuff.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home